Power Washing and Roof Cleaning Forum

Welcome to the National Soft Wash Alliance, America's Number One Networking and Training Forum. Join Today, Donations to keep the forum going are accepted, Bottom of the Home Page
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Insurance Roof Cleaning Work


Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 5137
Date:
Insurance Roof Cleaning Work
Permalink  
 


Have you guys been getting a lot more Insurance work then usual.  I did three roof cleanings this week from Insurance Inspections. I probably did a least 20 this year. They are all over the dirty roofs problem. They go to the homes with a camera on a stick and inspect the roofs. Its been working out good for me. 



__________________

            clean rite logo (3).jpg

                          Suffolk County Long Island New York

                     Power Washing and Roof Cleaning Long Island

 

                               Art Oliveri Holbrook N.Y.

 

 

                  

                    

              

 



PWS Vender

Status: Offline
Posts: 1817
Date:
Permalink  
 

We did a few this year.

__________________

Eric Seitz

Liberty SoftWash

(717) 324-4208

Roof Cleaner near York PA

Pressure Washer PA

Power Washing Equipment



Founding Member Rest in Peace

Status: Offline
Posts: 3162
Date:
Permalink  
 

I get my fair share of them but it seems they are always in the early spring and early fall. Nothing during the summer months.

Hank

__________________

Pocono Non Pressure Roof & Exterior Cleaning, LLC

Stroudsburg, PA 18360

570-994-6918

Serving the Pocono and Lehigh Valley(Carbon, Lehigh, Northampton, Monroe, Pike and Wayne Counties), PA community as well as both Warren and Sussex Counties of New Jersey



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 2895
Date:
Permalink  
 

We have had a few over the years but no one has mentioned insurance this year.



__________________

 

 

Brett Thompson

Blue Ridge Exterior Cleaning

BlueRidgeExteriorCleaning.com

434-466-1324    540-949-6277

brett@BlueRidgeExteriorCleaning.com



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 1187
Date:
Permalink  
 

Gotta start hitting those insurance conventions and greasing some palms!😉

__________________

Maverick Contracting

Long Island, N.Y.



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 882
Date:
Permalink  
 

It doesn't seem to be as big of an issue with insurance here. Most every roof here was replaced in 2010 so we're just starting to significant algae growth.

__________________
forumfooter.png

Bryan Parris
Tennessee Soft Wash
TennesseeSoftWash.com
Facebook.com/TNsoftwash
Knoxville, TN
(865) 275-5085



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 5137
Date:
Permalink  
 

I also been doing email marketing to real estate agents. I go to their sites and grabbed there email address's and add them to my contacts on my Wixs site. I do blasts once a months. Been working out good.



__________________

            clean rite logo (3).jpg

                          Suffolk County Long Island New York

                     Power Washing and Roof Cleaning Long Island

 

                               Art Oliveri Holbrook N.Y.

 

 

                  

                    

              

 



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 882
Date:
Permalink  
 

Art O wrote:

I also been doing email marketing to real estate agents. I go to their sites and grabbed there email address's and add them to my contacts on my Wixs site. I do blasts once a months. Been working out good.


 Realtors are my best word-of-mouth.  I'm gonna start giving them my $25 gift cards. They love passing that stuff along. 



__________________
forumfooter.png

Bryan Parris
Tennessee Soft Wash
TennesseeSoftWash.com
Facebook.com/TNsoftwash
Knoxville, TN
(865) 275-5085



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 2895
Date:
Permalink  
 

Bryan P wrote:
Art O wrote:

I also been doing email marketing to real estate agents. I go to their sites and grabbed there email address's and add them to my contacts on my Wixs site. I do blasts once a months. Been working out good.


 Realtors are my best word-of-mouth.  I'm gonna start giving them my $25 gift cards. They love passing that stuff along. 


Make them $25.00 discount cards on your services over $175.00. They can do whatever they wish with the card. Use it or give it to their clients. You keep the money in house.



__________________

 

 

Brett Thompson

Blue Ridge Exterior Cleaning

BlueRidgeExteriorCleaning.com

434-466-1324    540-949-6277

brett@BlueRidgeExteriorCleaning.com



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1816
Date:
Permalink  
 

We do 5-10 a year

__________________


Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 722
Date:
Permalink  
 

Hey Art, yeah I have been noticing a lot this year myself. We got one yesterday. This young couple sent me a photo of the Roof, really didn't look bad at all to me. Insurance companies getting hungry. Poor homeowners have no choice if they want to keep their insurance.

__________________

PX LOGO

PacificExterior.com

San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz & Monterey Counties

 Office: (831) 275-1296   Cell (831) 212-1341

OUR HOMEPAGE VIDEO



Approved Exteior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 818
Date:
Permalink  
 

Haven't had any over here. It's not enforced yet by insurance companies over here. Kinda crazy with the high winds we get.

__________________

 

Chris Mozick

Paradise Pressure Washing, LLC

Honolulu HI

808-457-9301

Paradisepressurewashing808@gmail.com

 



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 871
Date:
Permalink  
 

I've probably had about 15 this year, it is certainly becoming more common. I've even gotten them for a siding cleaning. (cedar)

__________________

Cape Cod Roof Cleaning 

Cape Cod and Southern Mass Cedar Cleaning

508-209-7795

 



Head Quarters

Status: Offline
Posts: 664
Date:
Permalink  
 

Just did a roof yesterday. State Farm came back today to inspect and said the moss and lichen has to be power washed off before they can insure the home. This is the first time I've heard this. They always say they want it chemically treated. Somebody doesn't know what they are talking about.

__________________

1534045 (500×500)



Founding Member Rest in Peace

Status: Offline
Posts: 3162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Probably a newbie who doesn't know better. Send him documentation.

Hank

__________________

Pocono Non Pressure Roof & Exterior Cleaning, LLC

Stroudsburg, PA 18360

570-994-6918

Serving the Pocono and Lehigh Valley(Carbon, Lehigh, Northampton, Monroe, Pike and Wayne Counties), PA community as well as both Warren and Sussex Counties of New Jersey



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 882
Date:
Permalink  
 

Admin wrote:

Just did a roof yesterday. State Farm came back today to inspect and said the moss and lichen has to be power washed off before they can insure the home. This is the first time I've heard this. They always say they want it chemically treated. Somebody doesn't know what they are talking about.


 Well that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard from someone in the business of insuring roofs.



__________________
forumfooter.png

Bryan Parris
Tennessee Soft Wash
TennesseeSoftWash.com
Facebook.com/TNsoftwash
Knoxville, TN
(865) 275-5085



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 1187
Date:
Permalink  
 

Just got one today and the H.O. said ins. Co. said it had to be done immediately. Always been a window of time such as 30 days.

Wonder if imspectors are getting pressure from superiors to have instant results as a stop loss measure.

Of course all they needed done was the front only, 20 min job.

__________________

Maverick Contracting

Long Island, N.Y.



Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Date:
Permalink  
 

I just did a moss cleaning for  RealtyUSA the new homeowner was getting a VA Loan, the the agent for RealtyUSA said the inspector for the VA needed the moss removed before the loan could go through.

When we finished the agent said in all her years of being a real estate agent she was amazed on how the roof turned out.. she said it looked like new.

 

I was in a hurry and didn't take an after pic

 

I want to thanks all the guys for there advice and posts

 

IMG_20170617_092636[1].jpg



-- Edited by mikepas on Sunday 30th of July 2017 08:39:46 PM

Attachments
__________________

Exterior Cleaning CNY

Oswego, New York 13126

1 315 342 4564

Michael Pasco

 

 



Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Date:
Permalink  
 

Sounds like a good opportunity to me.  How'd you get hooked up with these opportunities?



__________________
J.E. Fausel


Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 774
Date:
Permalink  
 

I've seen an uptick in insurance jobs. Typically customer submits our receipt showing job is complete or at least scheduled and ins backs off. Never had one say they needed immediate results.



-- Edited by DirtyRoofcom on Sunday 4th of November 2018 08:33:35 PM

__________________

 

Erik Baumer

Roof Cleaning Video

Long island roof and exterior cleaning

Long Island Cedar Shake Cleaning

Pressure Washing Long Island NY

516-804-0447



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 2895
Date:
Permalink  
 

DirtyRoofcom wrote:

I've seen an uptick in insurance jobs. Typically customer submits our receipt showing job is complete or at least scheduled and ins backs off. Never had one say they needed immediate results.



-- Edited by DirtyRoofcom on Sunday 4th of November 2018 08:33:35 PM


We've had a few that said they had a ridicules time frame to have it done. One was even the dead of winter. I ended up writing them a letter with the estimate so the smart insurance people could understand we can't spray in freezing weather.



__________________

 

 

Brett Thompson

Blue Ridge Exterior Cleaning

BlueRidgeExteriorCleaning.com

434-466-1324    540-949-6277

brett@BlueRidgeExteriorCleaning.com



Founding Member Rest in Peace

Status: Offline
Posts: 3162
Date:
Permalink  
 

Most insurance inspectors are about as sharp as a beach ball.

Hank

__________________

Pocono Non Pressure Roof & Exterior Cleaning, LLC

Stroudsburg, PA 18360

570-994-6918

Serving the Pocono and Lehigh Valley(Carbon, Lehigh, Northampton, Monroe, Pike and Wayne Counties), PA community as well as both Warren and Sussex Counties of New Jersey



Approved Exterior Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 5137
Date:
Permalink  
 

BlueRidge wrote:
DirtyRoofcom wrote:

I've seen an uptick in insurance jobs. Typically customer submits our receipt showing job is complete or at least scheduled and ins backs off. Never had one say they needed immediate results.



-- Edited by DirtyRoofcom on Sunday 4th of November 2018 08:33:35 PM


We've had a few that said they had a ridicules time frame to have it done. One was even the dead of winter. I ended up writing them a letter with the estimate so the smart insurance people could understand we can't spray in freezing weather.


 I get a few during the winter. If its to cold or we have SNOW I get a $50 deposit for the estimate and put a start date on the invoice



__________________

            clean rite logo (3).jpg

                          Suffolk County Long Island New York

                     Power Washing and Roof Cleaning Long Island

 

                               Art Oliveri Holbrook N.Y.

 

 

                  

                    

              

 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!